Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Who Am I Asking?

It has been a while since a posted anything. I am sorry if that has bothered anyone. When I started this blog I was focused on the things that I ask God. As I have thought about these things over time I have come to realize that the questions, for the most part, need to be asked of myself first.

In the New Testament Jesus is asked many, many questions. Most of the time Jesus responded with questions. This is what I have found to be happening to me. I ask: How much longer? What is going to be next? Why haven't you done anything yet?

Time has shown that God has been acting as a mirror and bouncing these questions back to me. How much longer until you let me have full control? What are you going to do next rather than sitting and waiting for me? Why are you still sitting around waiting for me? OUCH!!!

My wife is often the mouth in which God asks those questions. That makes it even harder to hear the questions. So now, I am trying to answer those questions about myself. I will try to ask my questions to myself first rather than sitting with my hands under my legs waiting for God to do everything. I will keep you all updated so that you can see how it goes. You are welcome to remind me to answer the questions myself prior to asking them of God if you find me straying back to the old ways.

Waiting on God has inhibited my ability to be used as a tool by God. Analogy:

     Say I am a riding lawn mower and God is the rider who is in control. If God puts me in drive but    I don't start moving because I am waiting for Him to adjust my direction, then God will not be able to get the grass cut by using me. He will simply hop onto another mower to get the job done. I will miss out on an opportunity to be used because I did not start moving even though God had put me in drive. The second you truly accept Christ as your savior, God has put you in drive. You need to keep moving with faith that God will change your direction as needed. If you keep yourself in park then you will be a useless tool to God.


Be a useful tool...Keep moving

No comments:

Post a Comment