What is my value? I am not talking about financially. I am not asking your thoughts on it either (although I am sure there are a few of you who would like to let me know :) ). I am asking that of myself just as you should ask it of yourself. Be careful! Where are you going to get your answer from? Will you state your opinion or will you state God's?
John 3:16 is well known and it says that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son". That love tells us that God sees great value in us. This is not a love with no reasoning behind it. God loves us because He created us. He did not create us just so that He could love us though. He made us so that He would be glorified by us.
How is it that God intended for us to glorify Him? Did He figure that just by us being who we are that we would glorify Him? Not exactly. The Bible tells us that no man is good. So just being us is not going to glorify Him. God has a specific plan for us. We are to glorify Him by serving Him. Hmmm...How are we supposed to serve Him you ask? I am glad you asked.
In the American culture the though of serving under authority is not an appetizing thought. This is indeed what we are supposed to do though. We are supposed to serve under the authority of God. So we spend much time trying to figure out how it is that we are supposed to serve God. Jesus left us with one assignment, one task for us to do. Jesus said that we are to go and make disciples. Now many of us have heard that and some even have memorized the verse that states that. But do we know what that means?
I will give a brief description of what it means. We are to literally GO and make disciples. We are to willingly take ourselves out of both our Christian bubbles and our American bubbles. The task of reaching out to those that either don't know of Jesus and/or those that do not accept our Savior is what we are supposed to be devoting our lives to. I ask you to put some serious thought into this concept. I would greatly suggest that you read Radical by David Platt. You can also visit these websites: www.radical.net , www.radicalexperiment.org , www.multiplymovement.com
Let me know what you have done, are doing, and/or may do in the future to fulfill that task of making disciples. I would love to be able to encourage you and also get excited myself about what you are doing for God. GO FIND AND FEED HIS LOST SHEEP!
No comments:
Post a Comment