Friday, July 27, 2012

Why suffer through loss?

A service is being held tonight for one of my co-workers. One was held for another one of my co-workers less than two months ago. These are two men who were serving God by serving others. This question is asked by many: "Why would we have to lose people who are doing things for God?" I am not as focused on losing these co-workers. I am rejoicing with the fact that they are now with God. They no longer suffer from illnesses. They no longer have to be frustrated with the ways of the world. Is it bad to be living in this world? I was mad at God for a solid year after I was so close to going home but was kept here instead. What made me change? I saw how much more there was for me to do for Him. In Philippians 1:21 Paul says "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (NIV). To be a servant of God is a win win situation. Does that mean that life will be easy and fun? No. Does that mean that serving Him will be easy and fun? No. You will hear me quote Colossians 3:23-24 often but that is because it is so explanatory as to how and why we are to live our lives. This is what is says: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." (NIV). So my co-workers, if they were still with me, I would rejoice, but they are with the Lord and for that I rejoice even more.

1 comment:

  1. It was truly a celebration of the man that Billy had become! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete