So last night I had the opportunity to go preach at a little church about 45 minutes south of where I live. Things went well, really well. Much of my thoughts as I road home revolved around whether I am heading in the right direction now or if I am supposed to be pursuing a career as a pastor. I have never gotten past that teenage state of wondering what you are going to do when you grow up. What do I gravitate towards? Well, I gravitate towards things I know I can do. Things I have self confidence in. I have felt this pull though at many points in the last 7 years to become a pastor. I have preached for what must be close to 50 times now if not more. I love preaching and God seems to use it for His glory. But I should continue pursuing my degree though if I am going to do that. I have tried though and had to stop after one year. Now I am trying again after a 6 month break. But I can often struggle with my words. My short term memory is horrible. I struggle to memorize verses. Remember though, I did do well in my year of school. I finished with a 3.75 GPA. So God, are you telling me that if I follow where you lead me and do so with faith that you will get me through it? Perhaps You have been giving me a heads up as to Your will for me. Maybe I just haven't had the faith to trust that still quiet voice.
Last night and then again this morning at work I preached about what a life of faith looks like with Elijah being my main example (1 Kings 18-19:18). Elijah did amazing things when his faith was strong. But even when Elijah's faith was weaker God showed him that He was still working by telling him about the other 7000 believers that were out there. I have managed to not worry about surviving after having had a major stroke over 15 years ago yet now I worry about every little thing out there. I am my own proof that a patient faith will reveal God's will. How quickly I forget. So I guess that the question should go towards myself. Why not accept the little heads up that God gives me about His will? Trust that He will and you will find that He is.
No comments:
Post a Comment